Bank free checking
First National Checking
At First National, we believe customer interactions are based on relationships, not transactions. First National Checking confirms our commitment to you and the community. This is not a "one time offer," but a demonstration of our ongoing dedication to put customers first. No hidden fees. No surprises. No hoops to jump through. Just honest banking with no strings attached.
- No monthly service fee
- No minimum deposit to open or minimum balance requirement
- One Overdraft Forgiveness every 12 months †
- Free and non -
withdrawals (other bank and ATM operators' surcharges may apply)
- Free bank logo checks
- Free Visa ® Debit Card
- Free Online Banking, BillPay, and Account Alerts
- Free Mobile Banking - pay bills, deposit checks and transfer money
- 0.25% rate discount on Auto, Home Equity and Personal Loans
- $200 Mortgage closing cost credit - see a Mortgage Loan Officer for complete details
- Free statements - online or paper
- $25 Safe Deposit Box discount
- Free Debit Card Fraud Monitoring
- Free cashier's checks
- Free incoming wires
- Free stop payments
Apply Now Existing Customers
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Will I have to change my account number or get a new debit card?
A: Our tolerance has increased significantly from $5 to $20 – we will not charge an overdraft fee on any account that is overdrawn by $20.00 or less. Plus, we've eliminated the continuous overdraft fee and decreased the number of items assessed from 6 per day to 4 per day.
A: First National Checking is non-interest bearing. If you want to earn interest on your checking account, you can upgrade to First National Premier Checking which pays interest when you maintain an average daily balance in deposit relationships of $15,000 or more. Also, adding a savings or money market account that links to your First National Checking account will earn interest and help protect against potential overdrafts.
With First National Checking and First National Premier Checking, you'll automatically receive one free overdraft forgiveness every 12 months from the forgiveness date.*
We understand that mistakes happen and that overdrawing your account can happen to anyone. Be sure to protect your account with one of our various overdraft protection options.
- Automatic Transfers - With a First National Savings or Money Market account, you can have funds automatically transferred to the designated checking account in the amount necessary to bring your account positive.
- Line of Credit - With a First National Line of Credit, funds will advance automatically to your checking account in $200 increments.
- Courtesy First - Courtesy First is an overdraft privilege that authorizes us to pay overdrafts when your account does not have sufficient funds (after the one free overdraft forgiveness, standard overdraft fees apply). † Contact a Personal Banker to decide which option is best for you and set-up your account.
First National Premier Checking
If you maintain a combined average daily balance of $15,000 in your First National Checking, Savings, Money Market, CD and IRA accounts, you are eligible for First National Premier Checking.
Receive all the benefits of First National Checking, plus:
- Earn interest on your account
- Premium rates on Checking, Savings, Money Market, CD and IRA accounts
- $400 Mortgage closing cost credit - see a Mortgage Loan Officer for details
At First National Bank, customers have quick and easy access to cash any time, across the globe. You can choose to access cash from any Interlink, NETS or PLUS System ATM worldwide using our 24 Hour Bank Card or debit card. First National Bank Visa ® Debit Cards* provide purchasing power.