Opening a Bank Account
Have you selected the right account for your needs? Great! The next step is easy: applying.
Here is what you'll need to apply
One valid primary piece of government issued identification, with photograph and signature, for example:
- Driver's license
- Military ID Card
One secondary piece of identification:
- An additional primary piece of identification
- Birth certificate, Credit Card, Debit Card, Tax ID Card, etc.
- Employee ID or letter from your employer or Student ID
Proof of address:
- Utility Bill
- Bank Account Statement
- Copy of lease or letter from landlord
Two referees are required for all accounts opened by residents of Jamaica
- Established BNSJ customers for 2 years or more, the status of whose account must be active.
- Reputable individuals known personally (for 2 years or more) to a senior member of staff at the supervisory or management level
- Justices of the Peace known to senior Branch staff
- Reputable current or previous supplier/customer or last employer, known to the branch (applicable to self-employed or un-employed applicants only)
- Police Officers (rank of Inspector or above)
- Licensed & Regulated Financial Institutions (domiciled in Jamaica)
- Minister of Religion
- Medical Doctors
- University Lectures/School Principals
A notarized reference letter or a current account statement from a reputable Bank is required for all non-resident customers.
If you have any questions, a Scotiabank representative would be pleased to help you. Please call us at 1-888-4-SCOTIA (6842) Learn more .